A tasty chicken pot pie than can be enjoyed with those on a diabetic diet.
How To Make Diabetic-Friendly Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup peas
- refrigerated biscuit dough
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the chicken breasts over medium heat for 7-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and cut into pieces.
- Recoat the skillet with cooking spray and sauté the carrots, mushrooms, onion, and potatoes until tender.
- Add the thyme and flour, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Gradually add the chicken broth, stirring over medium heat until thickened.
- Add the chicken and peas and cook another 5 minutes.
- Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray and fill with the chicken mixture.
- Split the biscuits in half and lay them on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
Calories: 56kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 187mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5245IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg