One of Friday’s many delectable starters is the pan-seared pot stickers. It’s a hearty pork filling wrapped up inside a soft yet crispy dumpling. Here’s how you can cook up this pot sticker recipe from scratch at home, which we recommend serving with a Szechwan dipping sauce on the side.
How To Make Copycat TGI Friday’s Pan-Seared Pot Stickers
- Combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1 tablespoon of canola oil in a medium mixing bowl with 1 cup of hot water, and mix together until a smooth dough forms.
- Cover bowl with a damp cloth and let dough rest for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another medium mixing bowl, mix together the pork, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, ginger, sugar, green onion, egg, and cornstarch.
- Season filling with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a rolling pin to carefully roll the dough out into an 1/8" thick sheet.
- Use a biscuit cutter or drinking glass to cut out 3" circles of dough.
- Brush each dough circle with just a dab of water.
- Spoon 2-3 teaspoons of filling into the center of each dough circle.
- Fold the dough circles in half and gently press on the edges to seal.
On a clean, flat surface, stand the pot stickers up on their folded side and press down gently so that they stand up.
Bring a large stockpot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the pot stickers and boil for 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Warm the remaining canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches if necessary, sear the flat side of the pot stickers until nicely browned.
- Place on paper towels to drain before serving.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 16mg
- Calories: 301kcal
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Fat: 16g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 186mg
- Protein: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 294mg
- Vitamin A: 60IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!