How To Make Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Delightfully moist and rich in flavor, this banana bread is made healthier with a mix of whole wheat flour, and sweetened by honey and bananas!
Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment on medium-high speed, beat the mashed bananas, applesauce, and eggs together until combined.
Add the honey, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium-high speed until combined. Set aside.
Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. Pour into the wet ingredients and beat on medium speed until combined. Fold in the walnuts.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, making sure to loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent the top from getting too brown. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with only a few small moist crumbs.*
Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Serve and enjoy!
- *This may be before or after 60 to 65 minutes depending on the oven, so begin checking every 5 minutes at the 55-minute mark or so.
- Cover and store banana bread at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Freezing Instructions: The best way to freeze quick bread is to tightly wrap the loaf or slices (individually or grouped) in 2 o 3 layers of plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Place the wrapped banana bread in a large freezer-friendly storage bag or reusable container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- Calories: 212.54kcal
- Fat: 2.55g
- Saturated Fat: 0.76g
- Trans Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.66g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.76g
- Carbohydrates: 44.35g
- Fiber: 4.21g
- Sugar: 20.39g
- Protein: 5.95g
- Cholesterol: 47.52mg
- Sodium: 283.36mg
- Calcium: 36.61mg
- Potassium: 308.12mg
- Iron: 1.41mg
- Vitamin A: 26.15µg
- Vitamin C: 6.34mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!