When the seasons change and there’s suddenly a slight chill in the air, you can bet that everyone is craving earthy, sweet pumpkin with warm spices. This pumpkin bread is simple to make, full of essential vitamins and minerals (thanks to the pureed pumpkin), and tastes moist and rich. Slather some almond butter on it and you can give it to your child as part of their breakfast. Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on it and you have yourself a delicious fall dessert.
For an added twist on this recipe, you can fold in chocolate chips, crushed walnuts, or dried fruit right before pouring it into the pan and baking it.
How To Make Warm Spiced Pumpkin Bread
This warm spiced pumpkin bread recipe is perfect for fall. Eat it as is or spread your favorite nut butter on it for a delicious breakfast.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Line your small (6-cup or 8 ½ by 4 ½-inch) bread loaf pan with parchment paper or with butter and flour.
- Mix together your flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip your brown and white sugars with the room- temperature butter.
Once the butter-sugar mix has become creamy, beat in the eggs, one at a time, and add the vanilla extract.
- Spoon the flour mixture into the wet ingredients while continuing to mix until just combined.
- Stir the pumpkin puree in gently, without beating the mixture further.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into the loaf and pull it out clean.
Cool for 10 to 15 minutes and serve with cream cheese, butter, or a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
- Sugar: 41g
- Calcium: 58mg
- Calories: 377kcal
- Carbohydrates: 62g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Fat: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 171mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 195mg
- Vitamin A: 7563IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!