How To Make Tomato Ricotta Tart
This tasty tomato ricotta tart resembles a pizza made of crispy phyllo layered with savory cheeses, then topped with fresh and juicy tomatoes.
For Cheese Layer:
- 2cupsricotta cheese
- ¼cupparmesan cheese,finely grated
- 2tbspfresh thyme leaves
- 1tspkosher salt
- ¼tspred pepper flakes,crushed
- 2garlic cloves,grated on a microplane, or finely minced
- 1egg yolk
For Phyllo-Parmesan Crust:
- 12phyllo dough sheets,thawed according to package directions
- 6tbspunsalted butter,melted
- 5tbspparmesan cheese,finely grated, divided
- 2lbstomatoes,ripe, cut into ⅓-inch thick slices
- 1tspfresh thyme leaves
- ⅓tspkosher salt
Mix the ricotta, grated parmesan, thyme, kosher salt, red pepper flakes, garlic, and egg yolk together in a bowl. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Carefully unroll the thawed dough and cover with a damp cloth.
Brush the bottom of a 13×18-inch rimmed baking sheet with some of the melted butter.
Lay 1 sheet of the phyllo dough on top. Brush the phyllo with some of the butter and place another sheet of phyllo on top. Brush the second sheet with some butter and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the parmesan cheese over the top.
Repeat with the remaining sheets of phyllo dough and butter, sprinkling 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese on every other sheet. Do not brush the top of the last sheet with butter.
Spread the cheese mixture in an even layer on top of the phyllo crust.
Arrange the tomato slices on top of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle the thyme leaves and salt on top of the tomatoes.
Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until the phyllo is crisp. The phyllo dough will shrink slightly during baking.
Let it cool slightly for about 5 minutes, and cut into squares.
Serve and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated, but the phyllo crust will lose its crispness.
- This is best served immediately or at room temperature.
- Calories: 112.73kcal
- Fat: 7.26g
- Saturated Fat: 4.32g
- Trans Fat: 0.12g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.13g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.35g
- Carbohydrates: 7.38g
- Fiber: 0.67g
- Sugar: 1.11g
- Protein: 4.73g
- Cholesterol: 26.63mg
- Sodium: 176.86mg
- Calcium: 91.89mg
- Potassium: 125.57mg
- Iron: 0.58mg
- Vitamin A: 74.97µg
- Vitamin C: 5.63mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!