Moist, sweet, and made even tastier with chunks of fresh peaches and cinnamon. This homey peach bread will take you back to your childhood daydream in every bite. Pair this with your favorite morning coffee and you’ll have your day started right.
What’s In Our Peach Bread?
If you constantly get struck by the familiar scent of freshly baked bread, but keeps guessing what goods are producing those fragrances filling the kitchen, we’ll let you in on the secret.
Aside from the basic ingredient for baking such as flour, eggs, sugar and baking soda, these are the main ingredients that makes a delicious peach bread:
- Peaches – This juicy yellow-orange fruit with bright red skin does magic. Fresh peaches would be a lovely option, but if peaches don’t grow in your area you can make peach bread with canned peaches instead.
- Cinnamon – The flavor of the strong and tempting smell of cinnamon goes beyond its aroma. It’s tangy, and earthy flavor blends well with the sweetness of the peaches.
- Nuts – This fruit adds a woody and neutral flavor to our sweet bread. It’s light and it looks so good scattered around the bread after being baked.
5 Tips In Making Peach Bread
Take note of these smart tips on how we can make it more delicious just right for your taste buds.
- Choose the right peaches. If you’re going to use fresh peaches, use ripened peaches to get that fresh sweetness you’re looking for and make sure it’s not overly ripened.
- Don’t peel your peaches. Peaches’ flesh is naturally sweet. Some cooks opt to peel them before adding them to the dish, but the skin tastes mildly sweet and tangy as well adding a good flavor to your bread, plus it adds a popping color of red in your bowl.
- Do the batter. Make sure everything mixes properly. A stand mixer would help to achieve that silky batter, but electric beaters work perfectly fine too.
- Add sugar. For extra sweetness and crunch, you can sprinkle some sugar on top of your batter mix before baking.
- Lastly, you wait. Peach bread batters are thick and it needs more time than the usual batter to cook through, so if it’s still wet, wait until it’s fully cooked and risen.
What To Do With Peaches
If you have some leftover peaches, don’t let it go to waste by trying out these easy recipes made out of fresh peaches.
- Healthy Peach Smoothie – Aside from being bread, enjoy your sweet peaches into a healthy and creamy smoothie. This healthy and rich quencher will give you the energy that you’ll need all throughout the day!
- Peaches ‘N’ Cream Cheesecake – The sweet and juicy peaches would pair deliciously with the thick and mild cream cheese frosting. You’ll have more than one slice.
- Peach Salsa – Enjoy a bag of tacos and tortilla chips with peach salsa mixed with jalapeno and lime.
How To Make Peach Bread
Enjoy the juicy chunks of fresh peaches in this sugary, moist, and earthy bread that will make you reminisce the old times.
Add ⅓ cup sugar with a little fresh fruit to the peaches. Combine and set aside.
Mix the remaining 2 cups of sugar, oil, and eggs with an electric mixer.
Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
Add in the egg mixture and combine.
If the mixture is too thick, add juice from peaches.
Blend in peaches and nuts.
Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Serve and enjoy!
If you’re serving your peach bread at a later time, you can place them in the fridge and reheat it when you’re ready.
- Calcium: 46mg
- Calories: 582kcal
- Carbohydrates: 69g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Fat: 32g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 171mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 169mg
- Sugar: 41g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 146IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Commonly Asked Questions
How to store peach bread?
Wrap in foil and put in a freezer bag. Put them inside the freezer for 2 to 3 days and defrost when you’re ready to eat them again.
How to reheat peach bread?
From the freezer, let it thaw to room temperature and microwave your peach bread for 1 to 2 minutes. Serve warm.
Get ready to fill your kitchen with our freshly baked peach bread. Enjoy chunky bites of this peach bread with nuts and cinnamon. Drizzle some peach glaze on top and serve it with hot coffee.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!