This recipe is from my good friend Susan, who doesn’t like a One Dish Meal. This is quick and easy and all my family clamors for this one.
How To Make Mexican Cornbread
A heftier version and a tastier dish at that! This Mexican-inspired cornbread makes use of ground beef and jalapenos for a heartier dish.
- Sauté chopped onions with ground beef in large skillet.
- In large mixing bowl, add all 3 packets of corn kits and prepare according to cornbread directions.
- Next add can corn to mixture and lightly stir.
Spray Pam or lightly grease 9x13-pan and add half of corn bread mixture covering bottom of pan.
- Spoon in onion-meat mixture, drained.
- Add half or whole jar of jalapenos drained add the cheese over last and top with remaining batter.
Bake at 425 degrees F for 45 minutes to 1 hour, golden brown is done.
- May also be made with ground turkey for healthier cooking.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!