Grandma always knows best and cooks the best. This banana bread recipe is made from the heart and is full of flavor in every bite.
How To Make Grandmother's Banana Bread
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sugar granulated
- 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed light
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup bananas very ripe, mashed
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup walnuts finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer set at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat well.
- Add egg, egg whites, and vanilla. Beat well until well combined. Add mashed banana, and beat on high for 30 seconds.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in medium bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with heavy cream, ending with flour mixture. Add walnuts to batter. Mix well.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared loaf pan. Bake until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool bread in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from oven. Cool completely on wire rack. Slice and serve with butter and jam.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 328IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg