These treats can also be made with dried finely chopped apricots, raisins or once dried cherries. They all work out.
How To Make Cranberry-Orange Biscotti
- Heat oven to 350. Spray 1 large or 2 small cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, and margarine; beat until well blended. Add 2 tsp. orange peel and eggs; beat well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring C.; level off. Stir in flour and baking powder; mix well. Stir in cranberries and almonds.
- With spray-coated hands, shape dough into 3 rolls, about 7 inches long. Place rolls at least 3 inches apart on sprayed cookie sheet; flatten each to form 3/4 inch thick rectangle, about 3 inches wide and 7 inches long.
- Bake at 35°F for 18-25 minutes or until rectangles are light golden brown and centers are firm to the touch. Place rectangles on wire racks; cool 5 minutes.
- Wipe cookie sheet clean. With serrated knife, cut each rectangle into 1/2 inch slices; place cut side up, on cookie sheet.
- Bake again at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until top surface is slightly dry. Turn cookies over; bake an additional 6 to 8 minutes or until top surface is slightly dry. Remove cookies from cookie sheets; cool completely on wire racks.
- In small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until glaze is set. Store tightly covered.
- Sugar: 8g
- Calcium: 24mg
- Calories: 77kcal
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 16mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 47mg
- Vitamin A: 57IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Breads & Doughs