You don’t need a bread-maker or even an oven to make delicious banana bread.
How To Make Cool Crockpot Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Using the electric beater set on low, fluff the shortening in a separate bowl until it becomes soft and creamy. Add the sugar gradually.
- Beat the eggs slowly with a fork. Add in 1/3 of the flour mixture, 1/2 the bananas, another 1/3 of the flour mixture, and then the rest of the bananas. Finally, add the last of the flour mixture and fold in the walnuts.
- Place the batter on a rack in the slow cooker. Cover the cooker, but prop the lid open with a toothpick or a twist of foil to let the excess steam escape.
- Cook the batter at high temperature for 4 to 6 hours. Afterward, let your finished banana bread cool for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your cool crockpot banana bread!