Just when you thought there was nothing better than chocolate, pair it with a citrus twist for the ultimate sweet and tangy combo.
How To Make Chocolate Orange Banana Bread
Nothing can beat the taste of this chocolate orange banana bread recipe. Moist banana bread with rich chocolate and zesty citrus for a complex flavor.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, combine beaten eggs, oil, orange extract, orange juice, and sour cream.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in liquid ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Puree bananas with a hand mixer until smooth. Stir with batter. Do not overmix.
- Gently mix in melted chocolate and incorporate until evenly blended.
- Pour into greased loaf pans and bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Use a toothpick to check if the bread is well-done. Toothpick should come out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack. Wrap cling wrap when cool and serve the following day.
- Sugar: 38g
- Calcium: 83mg
- Calories: 466kcal
- Carbohydrates: 78g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Fat: 17g
- Fiber: 6g
- Iron: 6mg
- Potassium: 436mg
- Protein: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 465mg
- Vitamin A: 169IU
- Vitamin C: 13mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!