These are perfect for every holiday season. Whether you’re enjoying a hot cup of eggnog or chocolate, this is the treat to pair it with.
How To Make Chocolate Cherry Biscotti
This chocolate cherry biscotti recipe is a great tandem with your coffee or tea. Crispy biscotti with chocolate chips and cherries for a perfect tea time any day.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using an electric mixer set on Low until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well incorporated, then stir in the almond extract.
- Combine the flour and baking powder together. Stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. Fold in candied cherries and mini chocolate chips.
- Apply flour on both hands and, shape the dough into two 10 inch long loaves. Place rolls 5 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet and flatten each into 3 inch portions.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until set and light golden brown. Take the cookie sheet out of the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- With a serrated knife, cut loaves diagonally into ½ inch slices. Arrange slices cut side down on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until bottoms begin to brown. Flip to the other side, and bake an additional 5 minutes, or until brown and crisp. Let cool to room temperature.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 to 30 seconds until smooth. Drizzle the melted chocolate on cookies before serving.
- Store leftovers in tightly sealed container and keep in the fridge.
- Sugar: 8g
- Calcium: 25mg
- Calories: 119kcal
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 40mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 57mg
- Vitamin A: 100IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!