In the world of baking, few things evoke the comfort and joy that a freshly baked loaf of chocolate banana bread does. This recipe isn’t just another banana bread; it’s a testament to the magic that happens when rich chocolate meets ripe bananas. Perfect for breakfast, a mid-afternoon snack, or even a late-night treat, our Chocolate Banana Bread is sure to satisfy your cravings and impress your taste buds.
How To Make Chocolate Banana Bread
This Chocolate Banana Bread recipe combines ripe bananas with rich cocoa and chocolate chips to create a moist, flavorful loaf perfect for any time indulgence.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy. Stir in eggs and bananas. Add banana mixture and chocolate chips to flour mixture. Stir just until combined.
- Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Heat half & half and brown sugar over medium heat until the brown sugar has dissolved and tiny bubbles start to form on the edges. Stir in vanilla and butter until melted and turn off the heat. Add chocolate chips and do not stir; let sit for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk chocolate chips until smooth. Cool completely and drizzle over bread.
- Calories : 409.07kcal
- Fat : 18.39g
- Saturated Fat : 11.13g
- Trans Fat : 0.47g
- Monounsaturated Fat : 3.58g
- Polyunsaturated Fat : 0.74g
- Carbohydrates : 58.67g
- Fiber : 3.79g
- Sugar : 35.15g
- Protein : 6.01g
- Cholesterol : 69.54mg
- Sodium : 196.17mg
- Calcium : 75.70mg
- Potassium : 248.13mg
- Iron : 1.51mg
- Vitamin A : 112.66µg
- Vitamin C : 3.09mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Absolutely! Substitute the all-purpose flour for your favorite gluten-free blend.
How can I store chocolate banana bread?
Store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or refrigerate for up to a week.
Can I freeze chocolate banana bread?
Yes, wrap it well in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil. It can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Is it possible to make this bread vegan?
Yes, use a plant-based butter substitute, a flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water), and ensure your chocolate chips are vegan.
ConclusionThis Chocolate Banana Bread recipe is more than just a treat; it's a fusion of flavors that brings together the best of both worlds. With its moist texture, rich chocolatey essence, and the wholesome goodness of bananas, it's a recipe that beckons to be tried, loved, and shared. Whether you're a seasoned baker or new to the kitchen, this bread will leave you with a sense of accomplishment and a new favorite to add to your recipe book.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!