Well, they sometimes say the more the merrier so we’ve added an additional fruity flavor to our Cherry Scones Recipe. We’ve opted for something that’s a bit zesty and has that citrus flavor in every bite. Have a go at our Cherry Orange Scones Recipe.
How To Make Cherry Orange Scones
You'll have a great tea time when you bite into this simple cherry orange scones recipe. Easy to make scones with zesty orange peel and tangy cherries.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine butter, salt, sour cream, and sugar into a mixer. Mix ingredients until smooth.
- Next, in a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, dried cherries, and orange rind and mix ingredients together.
- Add in the sour cream mixture to the dry ingredients and mix. Continue to mix until you get a nice doughy form.
- Divide dough into 8 to 10 equal parts.
- Grease baking sheet first before baking scones for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Serve with butter or heavy cream. You may also substitute other dried berries for the cherries if you desire.
- Sugar: 15g
- Calcium: 138mg
- Calories: 360kcal
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Fat: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 91mg
- Protein: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 325mg
- Vitamin A: 774IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!