Well, they sometimes say the more the merrier so we’ve added an additional fruity flavor to our Cherry Scones Recipe. We’ve opted for something that’s a bit zesty and has that citrus flavor in every bite. Have a go at our Cherry Orange Scones Recipe.
How To Make Cherry Orange Scones
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp orange rind grated
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 3 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine butter, salt, sour cream, and sugar into a mixer. Mix ingredients until smooth.
- Next, combine flour, baking powder, dried cherries, and orange rind and mix ingredients together.
- Add in the sour cream mixture to the dry ingredients and mix. Continue to mix until you get a nice doughy form.
- Divide dough into 8-10 equal parts.
- Grease baking sheet first before baking scones for 30-40 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Serve with butter or heavy cream. You may also substitute other dried berries for the cherries if you desire.