Never thought of making your own fresh bread? Well anyone can do it when this easy recipe.
How To Make Can Do Quick Bread
- 2 pkg active dry yeast
- 3/4 cups warm water
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup melted shortening
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- Dissolve the yeast in water in a large mixing bowl. Add in the buttermilk, 2 ½ cups of flour, melted shortening, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend everything for 30 seconds on low speed. Then stir in remaining flour by hand. The dough should remain soft and slightly sticky.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and knead it for 5 minutes or about 200 turns.
- Shape the dough into loaves or rolls, as desired. Then grease the top portion.
- Cover the dough with a clean towel and let it rise in a warm draft-free area for about 1 hour until it doubles in size. Then heat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the loaves in the oven for about 30 to 35 minutes (25 to 30 minutes for rolls).
- If your bread is adequately baked, eat it with some coffee any spread of your preference. Enjoy!