Made in the crockpot, just set this to cook before you go to bed and it’ll be ready in the morning! Feel free to use soy sausage to make it veggie-friendly.
How To Make Breakfast Bread Pudding
6 hrs 10 mins
- 4 1/2 cup French or Italian bread cubed
- 3 large cooking apples (such as Granny Smith) peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups regular milk or soy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 12 oz cooked sausage crumbled
- Lightly oil the inside of a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Press half of the bread cubes onto the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the apples, cinnamon, allspice, brown sugar, and salt. Then add in the milk and maple syrup and mix well.
- Pour half of the apple mixture over the bread cubes in the slow cooker. Gently press down on the apples to ensure that the liquid is absorbed by the bread.
- Spread half of the sausage over the bread cubes followed by the remaining bread pieces.
- Sprinkle the bread with the remaining sausages followed by the remaining apple mixture.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook the bread cubes on low for 6 hours. Once you're finished, store the pudding in a container and enjoy it as spread anytime.
Calories: 38kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 30mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg