How To Make Blueberry Sweet Rolls with Sweet Lemon Glaze
Have a filling breakfast or snack with these delicious and fluffy blueberry sweet rolls, loaded with blueberries, and swirled with a creamy lemon glaze!
Combine the frozen blueberries, sugar, and cornstarch in a bowl.
Gently toss around and let sit while preparing the dough.
Set aside ½ cup of flour. In a large bowl, toss the remaining flour, sugar, salt, and yeast together.
Heat the water, milk, and butter together in the microwave until the butter is melted and the mixture is hot to touch.
About 115 degrees F to 120 degrees F.
Stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture.
Add the egg and only enough of the reserved flour to make a soft dough.
Only ⅓ cup is needed, but the full ½ cup may be used.
The dough will be ready when it gently pulls away from the side of the bowl and has an elastic consistency.
On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for about 5 to 6 minutes.
Place in a lightly greased bowl and let rest for about 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, roll the dough out in a 14×8-inch rectangle.
Pour the sugared blueberries on top and gently spread to cover the dough surface.
Roll up the dough tightly. Cut into 11 to 12 even pieces and place in a lightly greased 9-inch round pan.
Use a pie dish, lightly sprayed with nonstick spray.
Loosely cover the rolls with aluminum foil and allow to rise in a warm, draft-free place for 2 to 3 hours.
Heat the oven to 200 degrees F. Turn the oven off.
Place the rolls inside the oven and allow to rise.
After the rolls have doubled in size, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until lightly browned.
Cover the rolls with aluminum foil after 15 minutes to avoid heavy browning.
Right before serving, top the blueberry rolls with glaze.
Mix all of the glaze ingredients together.
Pour over the sweet rolls.
- For a thicker glaze, add more powdered sugar and then add salt to cut the sweetness, if desired.
- For a thinner glaze, add more lemon juice or cream. Pour over sweet rolls.
- Rolls are best enjoyed the same day but stay fresh in a covered container for 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Overnight Instructions: This dough can be made the night before filling the rolls with the blueberry filling. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and allow to rest in the refrigerator overnight. The next morning, remove from the refrigerator and let rise for about 1 hour. Continue with baking
- Yeast: If to replace Red Star Platinum with active dry yeast, the rise time may be 50% longer.
- Blueberries: Frozen (not fresh) blueberries should be used in this recipe. Do not thaw.
- Lemon Glaze: Leave out the lemon juice if lemon glaze is not preferred. Replace with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract instead.
- Calories: 215.84kcal
- Fat: 3.43g
- Saturated Fat: 1.85g
- Trans Fat: 0.10g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.90g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.33g
- Carbohydrates: 42.42g
- Fiber: 1.37g
- Sugar: 19.17g
- Protein: 4.17g
- Cholesterol: 22.62mg
- Sodium: 204.50mg
- Calcium: 17.71mg
- Potassium: 67.34mg
- Iron: 1.48mg
- Vitamin A: 30.88µg
- Vitamin C: 1.60mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!