How To Make Green Pea Guacamole
Whip up a vibrant bowl of this creamy and chunky guacamole recipe, made with roasted jalapeño, lime, and cilantro, for a flavorful side.
- ⅔cupfrozen peas,thawed
- 2small jalapenos
- 2tbspcilantro leaves,packed, chopped, and more for garnish
- 3medium avocados,ripe, diced
- 3scallions,white and light green parts only, sliced thin
- 2tbsplime juice,plus more as needed
- tortilla chips
- lime wedges,optional
Heat broiler to high and broil 1 jalapeño on a heatproof pan. Cook, turning occasionally until the jalapeño is completely charred. Place the blackened pepper in a small bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and let sit for 15 minutes.
When cool enough to handle, use a paper towel to wipe off the charred skin. Halve, seed devein and dice the roasted jalapeño. Then halve, seed, and dice the remaining raw jalapeño.
In the bowl of a small food processor, purée the peas with the roasted jalapeño, raw jalapeño and cilantro. Process until almost smooth but still a little chunky.
In a medium bowl, combine the diced avocado, scallions, lime zest, lime juice, salt, and the pea purée. Mash until well combined, but still a little chunky. Taste and adjust the salt and lime juice as needed.
Serve with tortilla chips and lime wedges, if desired.
- Alternatively, if you have a gas stove, you can roast the jalapeno by turning a burner to the highest setting and setting the pepper directly on the flame. Use a pair of tongs to turn the pepper until the skin is completely blackened.
- To keep the guacamole from turning brown, press a piece of plastic wrap directly over top and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Calories: 182.90kcal
- Fat: 14.86g
- Saturated Fat: 2.16g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9.86g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.87g
- Carbohydrates: 13.88g
- Fiber: 8.27g
- Sugar: 2.15g
- Protein: 3.12g
- Sodium: 315.75mg
- Calcium: 28.73mg
- Potassium: 567.32mg
- Iron: 1.03mg
- Vitamin A: 29.63µg
- Vitamin C: 25.61mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!