Surdyk’s Greek Orzo Salad Recipe
Greek purple-black kalamata olives and feta cheese blend with rice-shaped orzo pasta for this salad at Surdyk’s Cheese Shop. The full-flavored dish holds its own at a barbecue with grilled meat.
How To Make Surdyk's Greek Orzo Salad
A wonderful recipe for Greek orzo salad that has a wide variety of flavors to excite your tastebuds and keeping you wanting more. Share it among your family and friends by making this ahead of the weekend.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Transfer pasta to a large bowl.
- Cover; chill in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Add feta, tomatoes, olives, basil, and parsley to the chilled pasta; stir to combine.
- For dressing: In a jar with a screw-top lid, place olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano.
- Shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture; toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Cover; chill in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours.
- Calcium: 217mg
- Calories: 350kcal
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Fat: 22g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 215mg
- Protein: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 603mg
- Sugar: 4g
- Vitamin A: 870IU
- Vitamin C: 12mg