How To Make Buko Pandan (Coconut Pandan Salad)
Buko pandan is a classic Filipino dessert. It combines shredded young coconut, gelatin cubes, palm fruits, and cream in one cold and sweet treat.
- In a pot, combine agar agar and coconut juice and soak for about 30 minutes.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook, stirring regularly, until agar agar is melted.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Continue to cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until agar agar is completely dissolved.
- Add 2 drops of pandan extract and stir to combine.
Remove from heat and carefully pour into a flat dish. Allow to cool until gulaman is set and hardened. Cut into ½-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine gulaman, young shredded coconut, nata de coco, kaong, table cream, and condensed milk.
- Add about 2 to 3 drops pandan extract and stir to distribute flavor and color. Chill for about 1 to 2 hours. Serve cold.
- Sugar: 531g
- Calcium: 2060mg
- Calories: 4327kcal
- Carbohydrates: 570g
- Cholesterol: 753mg
- Fat: 212g
- Fiber: 8g
- Iron: 5mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 58g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g
- Potassium: 4101mg
- Protein: 61g
- Saturated Fat: 131g
- Sodium: 1675mg
- Vitamin A: 7561IU
- Vitamin C: 34mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!