How To Make Snow Peas
Pair your main dishes with this bright and crisp snow peas recipe. This 15-minute recipe is easy and quick with just minimal seasonings.
Prep: 11 mins
Cook: 4 mins
Total: 15 mins
- 16 fl oz fresh snow peas
- 2 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 pc lemon, zested
- ½ cup almonds, slivered or sliced, toasted, optional
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Gather the ingredients.
- Break the stem ends off of the snow peas and pull off the strings. Rinse well.
- Fill a medium saucepan with about 2 quarts of water and 2 teaspoons of salt. Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the snow peas and let the water return to a boil.
- Boil the pea pods for 30 to 45 seconds. Don't overcook them or they will lose their crunch.
- Immediately drain the peas in a colander.
- Wipe out the pan, making sure it is dry. Add the butter to the pan and place it over medium heat.
- When the butter begins to sizzle, add the drained snow peas.
- Sauté the pea pods in the butter, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon zest and toasted almonds (if using) and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve and enjoy.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 101mg
- Calories: 203kcal
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 365mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 1168mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 1461IU
- Vitamin C: 71mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!