How To Make Shrimp, Jicama and Mango Salad
With a lively combo of crunchy jicama, sweet mango, and flavorful shrimp tossed in a zesty vinaigrette, this mango salad will have everyone wanting more!
In a large frying pan, bring the water and ¾ teaspoon of the salt to a boil.
Add the shrimp, cover, and bring back to a boil. Cook, covered, over moderate heat for 1 minute.
Stir. Continue cooking for about 2 minutes longer, until the shrimp are just done. Drain.
When the shrimp are cool enough to handle, cut each one in half lengthwise and then in half crosswise.
Put the shrimp in a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, and add the jicama, mango, and cilantro.
In a small glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, the mustard, the remaining 1¼ teaspoons of salt, and pepper. Add the oil slowly while whisking.
Just before serving, add the vinaigrette to the shrimp mixture and toss.
Serve, and enjoy!
- Shellfish Alternatives: Crabmeat, though expensive, is delicious in this salad and is a time-saver, too, since it’s usually already cooked.
- Precooked shrimp can be used in this recipe instead of boiling uncooked ones.
- If planning to splurge, try the salad with lobster.
- Wine Recommendation: Mango, lemon juice, and cilantro invite a light-bodied, acidic white, such as an Orvieto from Italy, or a Muscadet de Sèvre-et-Maine from France.
- Calories: 331.51kcal
- Fat: 15.71g
- Saturated Fat: 2.42g
- Trans Fat: 0.03g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 10.30g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.03g
- Carbohydrates: 23.98g
- Fiber: 6.01g
- Sugar: 13.72g
- Protein: 24.66g
- Cholesterol: 214.32mg
- Sodium: 997.55mg
- Calcium: 117.43mg
- Potassium: 507.68mg
- Iron: 1.20mg
- Vitamin A: 144.95µg
- Vitamin C: 58.40mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!