Rice Salad with Grilled Vegetables Recipe
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh basil minced, or 1/2 tsp. dried
- 1 tsp fresh marjoram minced, or 1/2 tsp. dried
- salt to taste
- black pepper freshly-ground, to taste
- 1 large onion cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper halved
- 2 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 2 small zucchini halved lengthwise
- 4 cup long-grain rice leftover cooked
Light the fire in your grill and get it down to medium-high heat. Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper.
Place vegetables on a baking sheet and drizzle dressing over them, turning to coat evenly. Reserve any dressing remaining of baking sheet.
Grill vegetables (you may use a grill basket, or grill them directly on the grill rack) around 5 minutes, until slightly charred but still firm.
Transfer vegetables to a platter to cool. Chop vegetables into ½-inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Add rice and remaining dressing and toss to combine.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!