How To Make Quinoa Tabouli
Quinoa tabouli is a perfect potluck dish for summer picnics. It’s loaded with fresh veggies and herbs tossed in white wine vinegar to brighten the flavors.
- 1cupblack or red quinoarinsed
- 2cupsCherry tomatoessliced into thin rounds
- 1red pepperchopped
- 1cucumberseeded and finely diced
- 1bunchcurly parsleychopped
- 10mint leavesfinely chopped
- 1small red oniondiced
- 3garlic clovesminced
- ¼cupolive oilmore to taste
- ½tspdried oregano
- Salt and pepperto taste
- splash of white wine vinegaror red wine vinegar (optional)
Rinse one cup of quinoa in a mesh colander under running water. That washes away the bitter saponins on the surface.
Dump the rinsed quinoa into a medium-sized pan on the stove. Add two cups of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the water is absorbed. Once it’s done, remove from heat and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
Let the quinoa cool, then toss in the rest of your ingredients.
Add more olive oil, salt or pepper, and/or vinegar to taste.
Cover and let the salad chill in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight, if possible, to let the flavors blend together.
- Calories: 229.42kcal
- Fat: 11.14g
- Saturated Fat: 1.52g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7.09g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.00g
- Carbohydrates: 28.15g
- Fiber: 4.73g
- Sugar: 4.30g
- Protein: 5.88g
- Sodium: 705.57mg
- Calcium: 62.43mg
- Potassium: 533.28mg
- Iron: 2.67mg
- Vitamin A: 101.55µg
- Vitamin C: 59.64mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!