How to Make Persimmon Salad
Freshen up your fall menu with this persimmon salad! Persimmons are paired with cheese, greens, and pomegranate seeds for a juicy side.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Chop the red onions.
- In a medium bowl, pour red wine vinegar and honey. Stir the mixture. Add red onions.
- Let sit for 30 minutes in order for the onions to pickle.
- On a baking sheet, toast the pecans for about 5 minutes. Let cool, then chop.
- Fill a medium sized bowl with water. Open the pomegranate seeds under water. Peel and slice the fuyu persimmons.
- Use a mason jar to combine the mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, white wine vinegar, cumin and pepper. Shake to mix.
- Combine frisée and mixed greens in a salad bowl. Add in persimmons, pecans, onions, goat cheese, and pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle dressing. Toss with salad tongs until combined.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Sugar: 18g
- Calcium: 126mg
- Calories: 655kcal
- Carbohydrates: 71g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Fat: 39g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 6mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 21g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g
- Potassium: 815mg
- Protein: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 435mg
- Vitamin A: 768IU
- Vitamin C: 103mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!