How To Make Peach Avocado Green Salad
You won’t get enough of this Peach Avocado Green Salad made with fresh peaches, arugula leaves, and ripe avocados tossed together in a tangy lemon dressing!
Place the red onion in a small bowl and cover with water. Let it rest while preparing the rest of the salad. (This will keep the flavor of the onion but remove some of the harsh after-bite.)
Place the arugula in a large serving bowl.
To toast the almonds, place the almonds in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently (careful, they can burn) until the almonds are fragrant and starting to turn golden on the edges.
In a small bowl or large liquid measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients (oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper).
Drizzle half of the dressing over the greens, then toss to coat. Drain the red onion, then scatter it over the arugula.
Top with peaches, avocados, almonds, and cheese.
Just before serving, drizzle on a bit more dressing and give it a final, gentle toss to combine.
Enjoy with additional dressing as desired.
- If you don’t enjoy blue cheese, replace it with goat cheese or feta cheese.
- This salad is a delightful base for seasonal swaps. In the fall and winter, replace the peaches and almonds with thinly sliced apples and walnuts. In the spring and early summer, try a mix of sliced strawberries and pecans.”
- To store: This salad tastes best the day it is made. If you’re fine with slightly wilted arugula, it can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 additional days. Wake up the leftovers with an extra squeeze of lemon juice.
- Calories: 239.09kcal
- Fat: 20.06g
- Saturated Fat: 4.39g
- Trans Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 12.04g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.61g
- Carbohydrates: 11.78g
- Fiber: 4.92g
- Sugar: 5.26g
- Protein: 6.63g
- Cholesterol: 9.30mg
- Sodium: 336.74mg
- Calcium: 164.51mg
- Potassium: 521.73mg
- Iron: 1.33mg
- Vitamin A: 83.98µg
- Vitamin C: 16.29mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!