How To Make Mexican Chicken Salad Tostada
Liven up your meals with this Mexican chicken salad tostada recipe. Savory chicken with earthy potatoes, a medley of veggies, and a habanero for added spice.
To Cook The Chicken And Potato:
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium heat and put the chicken, garlic, onion, 1 cup of water, and season with salt. Cover and boil for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Chicken should be submerged in water. Adjust if necessary.
- In a small saucepan add olive oil and heat over medium heat. Put the diced potato and ¼ cup of water. Put the lid on and simmer for 7 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked transfer it to a large bowl and shred using two forks. Remove the onion and garlic from the pot and chop into small dice and put in the same bowl with the chicken.
- Add the habanero, diced celery, peas and carrots blend, and whole kernel corn to the large bowl. Add the cooked potato to the large bowl as well. Gently stir and cool down for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, drizzle mayonnaise, sour cream, and mustard into the bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until everything is coated and well combined.
- Add tostadas on the side along with preferred hot sauce. Serve
If preferred to cook on an Instant Pot just follow this step: Place the chicken and 2 cups of water in the Instant Pot. Slice the onion in half and add to the Instant Pot with the garlic. Cook on high for 8 minutes. Follow the directions on your Instant Pot for cooking chicken.
- Sugar: 19g
- Calcium: 647mg
- Calories: 1485kcal
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Cholesterol: 318mg
- Fat: 117g
- Fiber: 19g
- Iron: 9mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 35g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 27g
- Potassium: 1592mg
- Protein: 64g
- Saturated Fat: 42g
- Sodium: 5009mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 5383IU
- Vitamin C: 14mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!