For a break from your typical cole slaw flavor, try this mayo-free version! It uses apple cider vinegar for a tasty fresh dressing to replace a fatty mayo dressing.
How To Make Mayonnaise-Free Cole Slaw
Mayonnaise just adds that extra flavor to the traditional cole slaw but this recipe replaces it with sugar and apple cider vinegar.
- Mix the cabbage, cucumber, tomato and onion in a large bowl and set aside
- In a small saucepan, heat the vinegar, sugar, and oil until the sugar melts - this should take about five minutes and be sure to stir it continuously
- Allow the sauce to cool completely and pour it over the cabbage mixture
- Mix it very well, soaking all the vegetables
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight
- Salt and pepper the mix to taste before serving
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!