Bring the taste of coastal New England to your table with this super simple Lobster Salad. If you’re looking to switch things up regarding your meals, this salad would definitely liven your week’s meal lineup. Who could resist the richness of the lobster paired with a tart and creamy dressing?
This lobster salad is the perfect meal for an ordinary weeknight or if you’re looking to impress at your next function. We guarantee that you will be blown away by just how easy it is to serve up restaurant-quality lobster right from your very own kitchen.
We like to serve this with avocado slices for that added creaminess that is complemented by the tartness of a lemon wedge. However, you can choose to skip the avocado entirely or swap it out for something you prefer more. Your options are practically endless – so don’t be afraid to be a little adventurous.
How To Make Lobster Salad
- A stock pot
- Paper towels
- Slotted spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- 12 oz. lobster tail meat removed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped
- 1 stalk celery diced
- kosher salt to taste
- Avocado sliced for serving
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Begin by preparing the necessary ingredients for your lobster salad.
- Combine all these ingredients, except for the lobster tails, in a mixing bowl.
- Add ¼ cup of mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons of diced celery for an added crunch to the mayonnaise. As per usual, you can always substitute the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt if you’re looking for healthier alternatives that don’t skimp on flavor.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. This will help cut through the creaminess of the mayonnaise. If you’ve chosen to use Greek yogurt, cut lemon juice down to 1 tablespoon since the yogurt already brings a slight tangy flavor.
- Throw in the chopped chives and season with kosher salt.
- Add bite-sized pieces of lobster meat and stir all your ingredients. You want to make sure each piece is coated well with the dressing. Alternatively, you can add a pinch of cayenne pepper if you like more heat.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and top with slices of avocado and garnish with a wedge of lemon.
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
How do I deshell lobster?
To deshell your lobster, take a pair of kitchen shears and cut straight down the middle of the lobster all the way to the fin. Use your thumbs to pry open the lobster, this will make it easier to remove the meat.
Can I make lobster salad ahead of time?
Absolutely! This lobster salad recipe can be made up to 4 hours ahead and served chilled.
What can I substitute lobster with?
Alternatively, you can substitute the glorious lobster with 1 ¼ pounds of sweet-plump shrimp (deveined and shelled). To cook your shrimp, you will need to prepare an ice bath. Add shrimp to a medium stockpot of cold water. Set over medium-high heat and cook until the temperature of the water reaches 170F. Stir occasionally, and make sure that the temperature does exceed 170F.
How do I boil lobster?
To boil your lobster, bring a large stockpot of salted water to a boil. Reduce the heat slightly and keep the water at a gentle boil (stronger than a simmer, but weaker than a rolling boil). Add the lobster tails and boil until the tails are bright red and meat is white and tender.
Each tail will take a minute per ounce to cook. Remove the lobster tails with a slotted spoon and allow the drain on paper towels.