How To Make Lemony Lentil and Chickpea Salad with Radish and Herbs
This chickpea salad is a veggie-packed meal that brings a ton of flavors. It has a lemony dressing that brings out the freshness in these veggies.
- 2cupsdried black beluga lentils,or French green lentils
- 2clovesgarlic,large, halved lengthwise
- 2tbspolive oil
For Lemon Dressing:
- ¼cupfresh lemon juice,(about 2 medium lemons’ worth)
- 2tbspolive oil
- 1tspdijon mustard
- 1tsphoney,or maple syrup
- 1clovegarlic,pressed or minced
- ¼tspfine-grain sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 15ozchickpeas,(1 can or 1½ cups cooked chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1bunchradishes,(big bunch), sliced thin and roughly chopped
- ¼cupfresh leafy herbs,(combination of mint and dill recommended), chopped
For Optional Garnishes:
- feta,or goat cheese, crumbled
- handfulfresh leafy greens
Pick over the lentils to remove any bits of debris. Rinse the lentils under running water in a mesh colander. In a medium pot, combine the lentils, halved garlic cloves, olive oil and 4 cups water.
Bring the water to a boil, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook until the lentils are cooked through and tender, which will take somewhere between 20 to 35 minutes.
Drain the lentils and discard the garlic cloves.
Whisk together the ingredients in a small bowl.
In a large serving bowl, combine the lentils, chickpeas, chopped radishes and herbs. Drizzle in the dressing and toss to combine. Serve with avocado, crumbled cheese or fresh greens if desired.
- Calories: 590.81kcal
- Fat: 14.19g
- Saturated Fat: 1.84g
- Trans Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7.70g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.27g
- Carbohydrates: 89.55g
- Fiber: 16.71g
- Sugar: 10.53g
- Protein: 30.79g
- Sodium: 136.43mg
- Calcium: 108.28mg
- Potassium: 1029.04mg
- Iron: 9.67mg
- Vitamin A: 7.01µg
- Vitamin C: 13.99mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!