Grilled Corn and Chicken Penne Salad with Cumin Lime Dressing Recipe
The combination of corn, red bell pepper, and green onions creates an appealing presentation for this pasta salad.
How To Make Grilled Corn and Chicken Penne Salad with Cumin Lime Dressing
Grilled corn and chicken breasts pair quite well with some penne salad drenched in a zesty dressing.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add penne pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but not mushy.
- Drain, then rinse under cold running water and drain thoroughly.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
Brush the chicken breasts lightly with a bit of Hellmann's Garden Herb, then grill on the barbecue over medium heat for about 8 to 10 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside.
Cut into ½-inch (1 cm) cubes and add to the pasta in the bowl.
On the barbecue grill over high heat, cook corn cobs until slightly charred on all sides, turning often. Leftover cooked cobs of corn can also be used for this if you happen to have some.
- Let the corn cool slightly, then cut the kernels from the cobs with a sharp knife and add to the pasta and shrimp.
- Add the green onions and red pepper and toss to combine.
In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, yogurt, lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the salad, tossing until everything is evenly coated.
- You may not wish to use all the dressing - just refrigerate any extra to use another time.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
- Calcium: 42mg
- Calories: 332kcal
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Fat: 6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 448mg
- Protein: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 329mg
- Sugar: 4g
- Vitamin A: 1023IU
- Vitamin C: 41mg