How To Make Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Fajita Salad
For this chicken fajita salad, tender cuts of chicken are marinated in a spicy and tart chili lime concoction, then grilled and mixed with fresh veggies.
- 3tbspolive oil
- 100mllime juice,freshly squeezed
- 2garlic cloves,crushed
- 1tspbrown sugar
- ¾tspred chili flakes,or red pepper flakes
- 4chickenthigh fillets,skin removed, no bone
- ½yellow bell pepper,deseeded and sliced
- ½red bell pepper,deseeded and sliced
- 5cupsRomaine lettuce leaves,or cos, washed and dried
- Extra cilantro leaves,to garnish
- Sour cream,optional to serve
Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Pour half the marinade into a shallow dish to marinate the chicken fillets for 2 hours if time allows. Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
Heat about 1 teaspoon of oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through.
Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
Wipe pan over with paper towel; drizzle with another teaspoon of oil and fry pepper and onion strips until cooked to desired level of doneness.
Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, avocado slices, peppers, onion strips and chicken. Drizzle with remaining marinade/dressing and serve with (optional) extra cilantro leaves and sour cream.
- Calories: 718.76kcal
- Fat: 57.37g
- Saturated Fat: 12.33g
- Trans Fat: 0.16g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 30.70g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 9.74g
- Carbohydrates: 18.73g
- Fiber: 9.15g
- Sugar: 3.92g
- Protein: 35.57g
- Cholesterol: 189.14mg
- Sodium: 755.14mg
- Calcium: 65.87mg
- Potassium: 1204.83mg
- Iron: 3.04mg
- Vitamin A: 357.72µg
- Vitamin C: 85.11mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!