How To Make Garden-Fresh Corn Salad
Bursting with garden-fresh goodness, a bite of this corn salad made with sweet fresh corn, cucumber, tomato, herbs, and more is a heavenly experience!
In a large serving bowl, combine the corn, tomato, green onion, cucumber, herbs (don’t skimp on the herbs), radishes, and jalapeño.
In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and several twists of black pepper.
Whisk until blended, then pour it over the salad. Toss to combine.
Add most of the feta or avocado (reserve some for garnish), and gently toss.
Taste, and add 1 tablespoon more of vinegar for more tang, or salt for more overall flavor.
Garnish with the remaining feta or avocado.
Serve promptly, or chill for later.
- If sensitive to spice, omit the jalapeño.
- This salad keeps well for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator, covered.
- For dairy-free or vegan salad, Use avocado instead of feta. If you’re missing feta’s salty punch, add some thinly sliced kalamata olives.
- Raw sweet corn works the best for this recipe, but you could also use frozen corn, defrosted and drained.
- For more smoky flavor? Grill the corn before making this salad.
- Calories: 218.00kcal
- Fat: 12.15g
- Saturated Fat: 2.72g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7.18g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.40g
- Carbohydrates: 24.02g
- Fiber: 4.08g
- Sugar: 3.97g
- Protein: 4.71g
- Cholesterol: 7.42mg
- Sodium: 282.45mg
- Calcium: 132.52mg
- Potassium: 357.84mg
- Iron: 5.21mg
- Vitamin A: 39.43µg
- Vitamin C: 10.86mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!