How To Make Fish Taco Salad Bowl
This fish taco salad recipe takes your regular fish tacos and combines them with salad ingredients for a wonderfully refreshing appetizer.
- 8radishes,thinly sliced
- ½cucumber,thinly sliced, seeded and cut into thin half moons
- ½red onion,cut into wedges, then slivered
- ½cuppepper,red or yellow, thinly sliced
- 2tbspfresh lime juice,divided
- 4tbspcanola,or vegetable oil, divided
- 1tspground cumin
- 1tspchili powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper,to taste
- 1½lbsflaky white fish fillets,such as cod, halibut, or red snapper, cut crosswise into 1 inch wide slices
- 1garlic clove,finely minced
- 8cupsromaine hearts,thinly shredded
- 2tbspcider,or rice wine vinegar
For the serving:
- fresh cilantro leaves,optional
- tortilla chips
In a medium bowl combine the radishes, cucumbers, red onion, peppers, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix together the cumin, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Sprinkle it over the fish. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the garlic, swish it around, then add the fish without crowding and cook for 3 minutes. Then flip and cook for another 2 or so minutes until cooked through. Place them on a serving plate and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice.
Meanwhile, toss the lettuce with the vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and season generously with salt and pepper.
Pile the lettuce into 4 individual shallow bowls. Break up the fish into bite-sized chunks, and divide the fish evenly between the bowls, piling it onto the lettuce.
Spoon the vegetable slaw in equal amounts over the fish, then top with avocado and cilantro, if desired, and serve with tortilla chips on the side.
- Calories: 367.68kcal
- Fat: 17.99g
- Saturated Fat: 2.33g
- Trans Fat: 0.06g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9.94g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.96g
- Carbohydrates: 18.78g
- Fiber: 7.06g
- Sugar: 3.93g
- Protein: 37.80g
- Cholesterol: 85.05mg
- Sodium: 910.59mg
- Calcium: 143.16mg
- Potassium: 1141.42mg
- Iron: 4.11mg
- Vitamin A: 439.29µg
- Vitamin C: 13.22mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!