With raisins, melon, and chutney, this salad is anything but ordinary.
How To Make Curried Rice Salad with Melon, Raisins and Peanuts
Rice salad recipe seasoned with curry sauce
- In a large saucepan bring 4 quarts water to a boil, stir in the rice and the salt, stirring until the water returns to a boil, and boil the rice for 10 minutes.
- Drain the rice in a large sieve and rinse it.
- Set the sieve over a large saucepan of simmering water and steam the rice, covered with a folded kitchen towel and the lid, for 15 minutes, or until it is fluffy and dry.
- Transfer the rice to a very large bowl and let it cool to lukewarm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 tsp. of the curry powder, the vinegar, the oil, and salt to taste, add the vinaigrette to the rice, and toss the mixture well.
- Stir in the raisins and the cantaloupe.
- In a blender blend the yogurt, the chutney, and the remaining 1 tsp. curry powder until the dressing is smooth, pour the dressing over the rice mixture, and toss the salad well.
- Chill the salad, covered, for 1 hour.
- The salad may be made 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled.
- Serve the salad sprinkled with the peanuts.
- Sugar: 10g
- Calcium: 51mg
- Calories: 252kcal
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 305mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 352mg
- Vitamin A: 1702IU
- Vitamin C: 18mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!