How To Make Bulgur Salad with Cucumbers and Chick Peas
This bulgur salad yields a low-fat meal that’s packed with fresh cucumbers, crisp bell peppers, and tangy lemon, to create a flavor-packed salad!
- 1cupbulgur,or light bulgur
- ⅓cupred onion,diced
- 1red bell pepper,diced
- 1small English cucumber,seeded, diced
- ½cupfresh dill,finely chopped
- ⅓cupfresh parsley,finely chopped
- 15ozchickpeas,drained, rinsed
- ¼cuplemon juice,fresh
- ¼cupextra virgin olive oil
- 1large garlic clove,finely minced
- ½tspfreshly ground black pepper
Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Place the bulgur in a large bowl with ½ teaspoon of salt and 1¼ cups of boiling water.
Cover the bowl tightly with saran wrap and let sit for 25 to 30 minutes, or until all of the water is absorbed.
To soften the bite of the raw onions, place them in a small bowl and cover with cold water. Let them sit for 10 minutes, and then drain.
Combine the cooked bulgur with the red onions, remaining teaspoon of salt and all of the other ingredients. Season to taste with more salt, pepper, sugar or lemon if desired.
Serve cold, and enjoy!
- Calories: 450.92kcal
- Fat: 13.84g
- Saturated Fat: 1.76g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7.65g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.06g
- Carbohydrates: 67.64g
- Fiber: 12.54g
- Sugar: 10.39g
- Protein: 18.16g
- Sodium: 413.73mg
- Calcium: 69.45mg
- Potassium: 749.72mg
- Iron: 4.40mg
- Vitamin A: 51.92µg
- Vitamin C: 38.94mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!