Enjoy the tastes of black beans mixed with rice to make salad.
Black Bean and Rice Salad Recipe
- 29 oz chicken broth or 2 cans
- ½ cup water
- 1 lb. long-grain rice
- 2 bay leaves
- 30 oz. black beans or 2 cans drained, rinsed
- 2 red bell peppers diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 medium bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- lettuce leaves
- sprigs fresh cilantro
- Bring chicken broth and water to boil in heavy large saucepan.
- Add rice and bay leaves. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer rice to large bowl and fluff with fork.
- Mix in black beans, bell peppers, red onion, chopped cilantro, oil, orange juice, vinegar, cumin and chili powder.
- Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- Line platter with lettuce leaves.
- Mound salad on platter.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs and serve.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!