This is the salad for blue cheese lovers. Pair with a grilled steak and boiled baby red skin potatoes for a classic steak house meal.
How To Make Belgian Endive with Roquefort, Walnuts and Cranberries
Light and crisp endive recipe with cheese, nuts, and berries.
- Trim the base of the endive using a diagonal cut, then separate the leaves.
- Toss the cranberries, nuts and Roquefort together in a bowl, being careful not to break up the Roquefort too much.
- Spoon the mixture into the endive leaves and garnish with the watercress.
- Melt Roquefort Cheese in the oven or in a pan on top of the stove, being very careful not to scorch. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the melted cheese, mayonnaise, buttermilk, juice of two limes, Worcestershire Sauce, cayenne, red wine vinegar, and black pepper; mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- If desired, add an additional 2 oz. of Roquefort cheese for an even more intense flavor.
For advance preparation:
Fill the Belgian endive leaves up to three hours before, cover and chill.
Garnish just before serving.
Drizzle with Roquefort Salad Dressing, as desired.
- Sugar: 8g
- Calcium: 181mg
- Calories: 518kcal
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Fat: 49g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 234mg
- Protein: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 851mg
- Vitamin A: 295IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!