How To Make Asian Chicken Noodle Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing
With bell peppers, peanuts, scallions, and cilantro, this chicken noodle salad is light, flavorful, and completely satisfying.
- 2chicken breasts,(or 2 cups cooked), shredded meat, bone in skin on
- 1tbspvegetable oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10ozsoba noodles,or spaghetti
- 1red bell pepper,thinly sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 4scallions white and green parts,thinly sliced
- ½cupsalted peanuts,chopped
- ¼cupfresh cilantro,chopped
- 1tbspsesame seeds
- 6tbspsoy sauce,use gluten free if needed
- 3tbsprice wine vinegar,seasoned
- 2tbsppeanut oil
- 1tbspsesame oil,Asian/toasted
- 1½tbspcreamy peanut butter
- 2smallgarlic cloves,roughly chopped
- 1tbspfresh ginger,minced
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the chicken breasts on a foil lined sheet pan. Rub the skin with vegetable oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook noodles according to package instructions, stirring occasionally so they don’t stick. Drain and rinse well under cold water.
Make the dressing by combining all ingredients in a small food processor or blender. Blitz until mixture is smooth.
Remove skin from chicken breasts and shred meat into bite-sized pieces. In a large bowl, toss shredded chicken with noodles, dressing, bell peppers, peanuts, scallions, cilantro and sesame seeds.
Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 710.44kcal
- Fat: 35.77g
- Saturated Fat: 6.49g
- Trans Fat: 0.13g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 17.24g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 9.17g
- Carbohydrates: 67.06g
- Fiber: 3.60g
- Sugar: 6.40g
- Protein: 37.24g
- Cholesterol: 55.68mg
- Sodium: 2015.40mg
- Calcium: 98.07mg
- Potassium: 765.87mg
- Iron: 4.11mg
- Vitamin A: 78.69µg
- Vitamin C: 41.51mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!