How To Make Arugula Salad with Beets and Goat Cheese
This arugula salad is an easy-to-assemble and healthy salad dish tossed together with beets, goat cheese, toasted walnuts in a zesty-sweet vinaigrette!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour
Total: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2medium beets,cooked, roasted, or boiled, peeled, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 2½ozfresh baby arugula,(about 2 handfuls)
- 4tbspgoat cheese,(about 1½ oz)
- ¼cuptoasted walnuts,roughly chopped
- 3tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1½tbsplemon juice
- ¼tspdry powdered mustard
Place the olive oil, lemon juice, powdered mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper in a jar, and shake to emulsify.
Adjust the ingredients to taste.
Assemble the salad according to how much is desired.
Compose each dish with a handful of arugula leaves, a few cooked chopped beets, some crumbled goat cheese, and some chopped toasted walnuts.
Drizzle the salad with vinaigrette. There may be a little extra vinaigrette.
- To roast the beets, scrub the raw beets clean, coat with a little olive oil, wrap in aluminum foil, and roast in 400 degrees F oven for 1 to 2 hours, until fork tender
- To boil the beets, scrub the raw beets clean, put in a small pot, cover with water, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until fork tender.
- Calories: 293.66kcal
- Fat: 25.75g
- Saturated Fat: 6.17g
- Trans Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 15.96g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.65g
- Carbohydrates: 11.31g
- Fiber: 3.05g
- Sugar: 7.63g
- Protein: 6.58g
- Cholesterol: 10.35mg
- Sodium: 405.01mg
- Calcium: 104.84mg
- Potassium: 423.13mg
- Iron: 1.79mg
- Vitamin A: 108.74µg
- Vitamin C: 13.77mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!