How To Make Cheesy Turkey Cheeseburger
Sink your teeth into this juicy and turkey cheeseburger, made with tender turkey patties stuffed with gooey cheese, for a satisfyingly filling meal!
- 4American cheese slices,2%, or part-skim cheddar cheese
- 1lbground turkey,93% lean
- 1tspkosher salt
- black pepper,to taste
- 4whole wheat hamburger rolls
- 4iceburg lettuce slices,crisp
- red onion,sliced, separated
- tomatoes,ripe, sliced
- ketchup,and mustard, optional
Set the grill to medium heat. Clean and oil the grates.
Fold each slice of cheese into quarters to create 4 short stacks.
Divide the ground turkey into 8 equal balls, then flatten them into ¼-inch thick patties. Place a stack of cheese in the center of 4 patties, then top with the remaining 4 patties.
Pinch the edges to seal, then push them up the sides to have an even thickness. Season both sides with salt and black pepper.
Place the patties on the oiled grill, cover, then cook for 6 minutes per side over medium heat, or until the center is cooked through.
Transfer to buns with red onion tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, and mustard. Allow to cool.
Serve warm, and enjoy!
- To make the patties juicier, purchase meat that has a generous amount of fat in them.
- Calories: 432.89kcal
- Fat: 16.21g
- Saturated Fat: 6.02g
- Trans Fat: 0.12g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4.92g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.73g
- Carbohydrates: 39.75g
- Fiber: 7.72g
- Sugar: 13.03g
- Protein: 35.51g
- Cholesterol: 91.68mg
- Sodium: 1001.90mg
- Calcium: 302.70mg
- Potassium: 1166.68mg
- Iron: 5.21mg
- Vitamin A: 154.50µg
- Vitamin C: 15.25mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!