The craving for fast food is one we’re sure almost all of us have experienced at some point. Following this, you might experience an internal battle on whether to prioritize personal health over the desire to indulge. Why not try making your own DIY burger patties at home? Homemade burgers satisfy your cravings while you get to know exactly what went into your meal.
DIY Burger Patties Recipe Video
How to Make Homemade DIY Burger Patties Recipe
- 100 g onion finely chopped
- 15 g Italian seasoning
- 300 g pork ground
- 700 g beef ground
- 75 ml vegetable oil
- Ground black pepper
- Cayenne pepper for garnish
- Dice your onion, season with 15g of salt and pepper and sauté it over a medium flame until caramelized. When they are almost done, add the Italian seasoning and mix well.
- Combine your meats and sautéed onions into a mixing bowl. Add another dash of salt and pepper.
- Divide your meat into roughly 8 portions. Shape the patties in your hands and make a slight dent in the middle of each one.
- Heat the vegetable oil on the pan. Gently place the patties in your pan and cook for roughly 4 minutes per side. Keep basting the patties with the juices in the pan as they cook.
- Sprinkle on some cayenne pepper for some added spice and serve.
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
How do I keep the patties from falling apart while cooking?
Once you’ve shaped your patties, transfer them to the fridge first while you prepare your burger buns and condiments. Alternatively, you can try adding 1 large egg per pound of ground meat to act as a binder that holds the ingredients together. Another tip is to add breadcrumbs. Start with 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs per pound of meat and see how the mixture feels. You don’t want to dry things out too much as this will cause your patties to crumble more.
What do I do if I can’t get Italian seasoning?
You can make your own! Make it in a bigger batch and store it well in an airtight container so you can use it for any future recipes. We included it in this recipe, it’s pretty easy to make and will come in useful for many recipes.
How do I know if the oil is hot enough for cooking?
Drop a small piece of meat in the oil. If bubbles form around the meat, it’s hot enough and ready for cooking your patties.