This easy crockpot stuffed bell peppers recipe is great smelling, simple and made for even the fussiest of eaters!
How To Make Easy Crockpot Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 green peppers washed, topped, and seeded
- 1 tbsp shortening e.g. Crisco
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef (or 2 lbs)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp basil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 8-oz. can of tomato sauce with or without seasoning
- Heat the shortening in a skillet and brown the beef.
- Combine the meat with the next 6 ingredients.
- Stuff the bell peppers and arrange them (or stack them) in a large crockpot.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the peppers, then cook them on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Afterward, serve and enjoy!
Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 573mg | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 543IU | Vitamin C: 96mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg