Tired of the same old fried chicken? Don’t worry, now you can a new chicken recipe to your arsenal with this creamy chicken in a crockpot dish. It’s flavorful, absolutely delicious, and definitely easy to make. You won’t break a sweat with this one!
The creamy chicken drumsticks will surely be tender and extra flavorful, thanks to the wonders of the crockpot. Don’t be afraid to experiment with this one and you might as well put more vegetables with it.
Creamy Chicken Drumsticks are great for lunch or dinner and we guarantee that this is a filling dish. What are you waiting for? Go get that crockpot ready.
How To Make Creamy Chicken Drumsticks In A Crockpot
- 1 lb. chicken drumsticks
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can mushrooms drained
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 2 tbsp. garlic minced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Place chicken in a 4 qt. slow cooker.
- Add broth, mushrooms, soup, celery, onion, carrot and garlic to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Set to low and remove chicken drumsticks, reserving vegetable mixture in cooker.
- In a small skillet, melt 1/2 C. butter and add 1/4 C. flour and stir constantly until smooth.
- Remove 1 C. chicken liquid from crock pot and slowly stir into roux mixture.
- Add back to crock pot and stir until incorporated and thickened.
- Add chicken back to cooker and keep on low until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
Commonly Asked Questions
What Is a Good Alternative to Slow-Cooker Liners?
People nowadays avoid slow-cooker liners that are made from plastic for obvious reasons. Brands have come up with a lot of alternatives to these plastic slow-cooker liners but the best thing we can use is baking foil.
We guarantee that this dish will make you stuffed on a Friday night or during celebratory dinner. With the use of the right slow-cooker liner, dishwashing will be easy. You'll never get tired of this dish!