Chili is a wonderful meal to make during the holiday season. It’s warm, simple, and has a rich tradition behind it. Enjoy this Timberline chili recipe with your loved ones, and of course with a side of comforting cornbread.
How To Make Copycat Golden Corral Timberline Chili
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb ground beef lean
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup water add 1 more cup if needed
- In a lightly greased frying pan, add the olive oil and brown the meat.
- Chop up the onion and jalapeno. Cook in the skillet before removing from heat.
- Drain the canned beans and corn and add to your crockpot.
- Add your tomatoes, tomato paste, and tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle in your spices and then add in the contents of the skillet.
- Add in the water and mix together. Slow cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Enjoy with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkling of cheese, and some french fried onions for a bit of crunch.