Sometimes, cooking a delicious meal takes time. It can be for hours and even overnight. However, the length of the cooking time can pay off with the number of explosive flavors from the food, not to mention the tenderness of the meat used.
In this recipe, we’ll guide you through the process of creating a beef stew that is cooked overnight using a crockpot. Don’t worry, you don’t have to be intimidated. Just follow these simple steps and we guarantee that you’ll have a quality dish in no time.
Serve this for dinner parties and celebrations and we are sure that your guests will absolutely love it.
How To Make Easy Overnight Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 2 lb. beef stew chopped into bite size cubes
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 yellow onion diced fine
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup water
- 3 russet potatoes chopped into large chunks
- 4 carrots diced fine
- Place meat in the crockpot and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir well.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, make the beef is evenly covered.
- Cover, and let cook on low setting for 10-12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve warm.
Commonly Asked Questions
What Should I Serve with Beef Stew?
Beef stew is perfect with bread and/or rice. Usually, the starchiness of bread complements the flavor of the beef stew. Plus, rice and bread with beef stew prove to be such a filling dish.
Is It Okay To Use Aluminum Foil in a Crockpot?
Yes, using aluminum foil in a crockpot is alright as long as you clean thoroughly afterward. Besides, the usage of the aluminum foil is to help minimize the sticking of the meat.
Beef stew is perfect for the winter because it will definitely warm you up. Regardless of the preparation time, this dish is absolutely flavorful and delicious.