If you’re craving an insanely good cheese dip to complete your crunchy tortilla chips, then this three-cheese Qdoba queso recipe is perfect for you. Aside from the mouth-watering Mexican dishes on the Qdoba menu, we were impressed by how Qdoba perfected the formula for making gooey and flavorful queso dips. Thus we’ve decided to recreate their iconic 3-cheese queso dip for its velvety smooth consistency and smoky and spicy flavor.
In our Qdoba queso recipe, we’ll be using American cheese, Monterey Jack, and cheddar cheese. In addition, we’re mixing in some poblano peppers as well to give our queso dip a smoky flavor. The result is a smooth and viscous cheese that doesn’t clump and harden over time. Another thing is we’re making it in a crockpot so it’s made easier for you to recreate it at home!
Tips in Making 3-Cheese Qdoba Queso Recipe
After mixing the ingredients, we simply let our 3 cheese queso cook in our crockpot, and we’re done! What you’ll love even more about our Qdoba queso recipe is that you can easily add in delicious ingredients that you want in your queso dip. With that, here are a couple of tips and variations for you to try:
- Make sure to grate the cheeses yourself. Pre-grated cheeses aren’t the best ones to use for this recipe as they have powder additives that make them harder to melt. This can ruin the smoothness of your dip.
- Cook your queso sauce on low heat. It should not bubble so that it will turn out smooth and creamy. Cooking it on high will cause the cheese to turn clump and turn grainy.
- Add in your preferred herbs, spices, and meat. You can mix in some chopped onions, spices like cumin and chopped roasted peppers, or ground beef, if you prefer.
For other must-try queso dip recipes, we have Applebee’s Queso Blanco dip, which uses the classic queso blanco or queso fresco for its delicious base. Another great cheesy dip to try would be our easy Taco Bell nacho cheese dip.
Meanwhile, for must-try pairing suggestions and more tips check out our CAQ section down below!
How To Make 3-Cheese Qdoba Queso (Copycat)
Dip your tortilla chips in smoky and spice-filled cheesy goodness with our crockpot Qdoba 3-cheese Queso recipe! It’s perfect as a snack or appetizer with friends and family.
Add all of the ingredients in a crockpot.
Cover the crockpot and cook on low heat for about 2 hours.
Stir occasionally until the cheese is melted.
Taste and add more salt for seasoning if needed.
When done, serve while hot along with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
- If you prefer a thinner queso mixture, stir in small amounts of milk or cream until you achieve your desired consistency.
- If you’re serving this for a party, be sure to keep it in a slow cooker or fondue pot to keep it warm throughout the rest of the night.
Commonly Asked Questions
What dishes can you eat with queso dip?
Queso dips are mostly used to accompany chips like tortillas and nachos. However, you can also pair them with vegetables like cauliflowers, carrots, celery, and even broccoli. They also taste great with dishes like baked potato wedges, baked chicken wings, fried eggplant balls, and taquitos.
How long do queso dips last?
When placed in an airtight container and stored in the fridge, your homemade queso dip can last for up to 4 days. Storing it in the freezer using a heavy-duty freezer bag can make it last for up to 6 months, however, do remember to thaw it in the refrigerator first for a day or two before reheating.
How to reheat queso dips?
You can easily reheat your homemade queso dip in the microwave. Pop it in for 30 seconds at a time, and stir it after every 30 seconds too. Continue doing this until your dip is back to being runny.
Make your own homemade queso dip just like Qdoba’s with our easy crockpot recipe. Serve this delectable cheese dip along with your favorite crunchy snacks. It’s perfect for fun parties or movie and game nights.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!