A recipe from across the seas now easily made in your own home. If you are looking for a new pork dish to try, this recipe will offer you just that.
How To Make German Style Pork Knuckles and Sauerkraut
- 2 pork knuckles
- 4 ham cocks alternative
- 3 cups sauerkraut
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 cup amber or dark beer brand of personal choice
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 tsp juniper seed
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- Using a strainer, rinse the sauerkraut under water to wash its juices off.
- Chop the onion into small chunks and place the pork knuckles inside the crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sauerkraut, beef stock, beer, onions, juniper seeds, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, and the salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the pork.
- Cover and simmer the pork knuckles for 8 hours. Afterward, remove the pork from the lid and plate it together with some sauerkraut and serve.