Wow! This recipe almost tastes like a take on teriyaki and sweet and sour pork combined. Definitely serve with a nice side of plain white rice.
How To Make Orangelicious Slow Cooked Pork Chops
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 boneless pork chops
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. cold water
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and add pork chops.
- Let cook 1-2 minutes on each side, until crisp and browned.
- Remove chops from heat and set aside. In the crockpot, combine orange juice, broth, honey, garlic salt, brown sugar and orange zest.
- Stir to mix and add pork chops, turning to coat each side with sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours, until tender.
- Baste chops periodically while cooking.
- Remove chops to a warm plate and pour sauce into a medium sauce pan.
- Combine cold water and cornstarch and stir to mix.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and add cornstarch, let cook until thickened.
- Serve over pork chops and white rice