This recipe has a fruity but nice Asian sauce that is poured over the potatoes when they are done. Not your everyday stuff.
How To Make Crockpot Malaysian Sweet Potatoes
A wonderful spin on your regular sweet potato recipe. Influenced by Southern Asian palate, these tender sweet potatoes goes well with the sauce base of lemongrass, ginger, and tamarind.
- Place ingredients into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 1/2-5 hours or until potatoes are nice and tender.
- Remove lemongrass pieces and discard.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Remove potatoes and keep warm; pour liquid from crock pot into a sauté pan and reduce until it gets thick and syrupy, then pour over potatoes; serve.
- Sugar: 28g
- Calcium: 127mg
- Calories: 418kcal
- Carbohydrates: 88g
- Fat: 4g
- Fiber: 11g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 1530mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 1001mg
- Vitamin A: 48511IU
- Vitamin C: 73mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!